At Chevron Stations Inc (CSI), we sell gasoline and convenience products at our retail stations. We are looking for hard working people who value safety, enjoy working as a team and have a positive work attitude. The perfect fit for our team is self-motivated, dependable and able to work effectively & safely in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus.
The Station Manager (SM) manages the overall operations of the retail facility. They are responsible to meet and/or exceed performance and profit goals according to company objectives. These include but are not limited to; safety, compliance and supervision of staff. SMs role model and demonstrate the company's core values of safety, diversity, inclusion, integrity and trust.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the retail facility as it relates to effectively running the business and managing employee matters.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, managing performance and administering appropriate discipline.
- Overall responsibility for performance and stability of station including employees, compliance, safety, finances, and operations. Appropriately leverages support groups as needed (e.g. Human Resources, Operations, Facilities)
- Understand the importance of and ensure all station employees comply with local and federal wage & hourly requirements.
- Support and follow established safety, security, quality guidelines as well as CSI's policies, procedures, practices, and programs. Handle accidents/incidents professionally and immediately.
- Preserve safety of self, fellow employees, and all others in the work location by utilizing the CSI Loss Prevention process. Role model safe behaviors.
- Maintain courteous, professional contact with co-workers, customers, vendors and community at large.
- Reliable and predictable attendance required.
Principal duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for prioritizing and delegating work, and effectively manage time through efficient scheduling and usage of labor hours. Ensure all areas of station operations are covered including, but not limited to customer service, stocking, cleaning, and food-service.
- Responsible for merchandising and product inventory management. This includes but is not limited to:
- Coordinates with other stations to limit out-of-stocks in station across the zone.
- Follow CSI guidance to ensure correct volume and products in stores. Conduct audits ensure accurate stock levels.
- Responsible for all cash management activities in compliance with Loss Prevention processes.
- Coordinate with other SM's to cover resource gaps in the zone workforce when necessary.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of weekly payroll in accordance with CSI guidelines.
- Proactively monitors station operating expenses and adjusts spending as needed.
- Handle escalated customer relations issues and think critically to implement solutions.
- Regularly review video surveillance footage to monitor station operations.
- Ensures station personnel and contractors comply with CSI's safety standards.
- Conducts station meetings to create alignment and ensure effective operations. Communicate all necessary information to staff enabling them to effectively perform their duties.
- Use various computer programs to support daily operations of the store. Complete daily administrative tasks regarding retail & gas sales, deliveries, etc.
- Keep Business Consultant informed of station operations and assist them in any special assignments or projects. Remain accountable to the BC for station performance.
- Performs duties as needed or assigned by Business Consultant.
- Proactively identify hiring needs and partner with relevant parties to effectively staff the station.
- Create and sustain a diverse and inclusive station environment, encouraging mutual understanding and respect while promoting a productive team environment.
- Ensure appropriate onboarding and training of new employees to support station operations.
- Performance Management:
- Clearly communicate performance expectations for employees.
- Coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; conduct performance discussions and provide feedback to direct reports. Take corrective action when appropriate.
- Develop staff through stretch assignments.
Skills and experience include but are not limited to:
- Previous managerial experience in a retail, food service or fuel environment.
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle challenging situations professionally, exercising good judgement.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- This position is responsible for supervising all employees at their station.
- Rare, limited to required training/coverage for nearby stations and zone/district meetings.
Physical demands include but are not limited to:
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time on hard and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to bend, lift weights up to 10 lbs., push, and move product using proper lifting techniques. Follow the team-lift concept if objects are too heavy or awkward.
- Work safely with equipment that can create and hold very high temperatures while always using appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Periodic exposure to all outdoor conditions during daylight hours.
- Occasional exposure to walk-in coolers at 34 F.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, CSI reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.