Job Purpose: Responsible for implementation and support of business-critical operations technologies which requires serving as a subject matter expert on the tools and making recommendations on the best application of the tools into the operating environment.
Works closely with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand the drivers for business change and enables strategic business goals and objectives through the use of technology.
- Serve as a technology subject matter expert for routing, scheduling, dispatching and reporting tools.
- Manage technology supplier relationships to ensure performance and support of 3rd party products.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of emerging technology trends and developments in areas of interest to the business.
- Identifies opportunities of improvement where technology solutions can be leveraged.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings to gather requirements, propose technology plans, advise, and communicate progress of ongoing projects and initiatives.
- Work with Operations and Business Development to provide pricing and expertise on technology to include in bids.
- Work with Operations and Business Development to support startups of new locations inclusive of performing onsite work during go-live week.
- Maintains visibility to all planned and ongoing projects and ensures the impacts of these activities on the business organization are communicated to the appropriate business stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Schedule and manage the installation and configuration of onboard equipment such as tablets, MDTs, signage, etc. at First Transit locations.
- Ensures changes are managed effectively and communicated to the appropriate business organization where the business may be impacted by the change to avoid disruption.
- Responds to help desk tickets as assigned.
- Assists IT with testing applications.
- Special projects as required.
- 25% travel requirement.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) preferred
- Experience working at a transit or paratransit operation required
- Experience working for a transit industry software provider a plus
- Knowledge of emerging mobility solutions including Mobility as a Service and alternate transport options (bike, scooter, TNC) required
- Knowledge of connected vehicle and smart city programs highly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Zoom.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with all levels of employees.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.