Do you have Diesel heavy & medium duty experience? Join First Student as a Fleet Technician! - Proudly Servicing South Shore
First Student is Proud to Offer You:
- Top Wages & Consistent Pay ($25+/hr based on experience) – Hourly Rate (NOT Flat Rate)
- A Clean and Positive Work Environment!
- Monday- Friday 8 hour shifts
- Consistent year-round work!
- Excellent Benefits including Company Training, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) Savings Plan
- ASE training and testing materials provided - Earn more money for each certification you obtain!
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- Ongoing training - learn and work on gas, diesel, & propane vehicles
As a First Student Technician, You'll Be Responsible For:
- Repairs and maintains school buses and school bus equipment.
- Test drives repaired equipment.
- Inspects and services vehicles
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Have a valid driver's license; CDL prefered but must be willing to obtain while employed with P Endorsement (in-house training provided!)
- Technical school training a plus
- 5+ years of medium/heavy duty diesel repair experience preferred
- ASE certifications preferred; Must be willing to obtain while employed (testing & training materials provided!)
- Background check and drug screen required
So, Who Are We?
We are First Student (A Division of FirstGroup America) – a leading provider of school transportation
services. With over 50,000 employees, operating 44,000 school buses, in 39 U.S. States, we move
more passengers per day than all U.S. Airlines combined.
Don't Wait! Apply Today!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status