What you'll do...
This role supports the seamless execution of talent management processes and programs including goal-setting, performance assessments, and succession planning. Working closely with HR Business Partners and HR leadership, the project manager drives for strong enterprise participation in talent management practices in the talent system while providing communication, resources, tools and support to ensure a positive leader and associate experience.
Initiate, plan, execute and control projects involving multiple people, process and technology components. Align project requirements and deliverables with the strategic and tactical goals of the organization. Establish and nurture positive relationships with project sponsors, participants, stakeholders and customers. Measure and be accountable for the short- and long-term project results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the business needs of the customer.
- Define project objectives and deliverables to meet those needs.
- Identify assumptions and constraints that impact schedule, resources, costs, quality and risk.
- Define scope, schedule, budget and quality levels for the project.
- Identify, obtain and organize necessary project resources.
- Prepare and execute plans for quality, change control and communications.
- Prepare and gain approval on an overall Project Plan.
- Execute against the Project Plan while controlling and reporting on scope, schedule, quality, costs, resources and risks.
- Verify and document project results.
- Complete all tasks necessary to close the project, transitioning to an operational state, if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Experience in creating reporting, tools and training for various audiences
What you'll bring to the team...
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related area, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Five years project management experience.
- Familiarity with formal project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Effective written and oral presentation skills and facilitation skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates, external vendors and business partners.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, but with little formal supervision or guidance.
- Effective supervisory skills in a matrix-management environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and project planning tools.