Sorry, visa/sponsorship not available
Are you an experienced CNG or Diesel Technician looking for a new career?
We maintain vehicles for Valley Metro!
If you are committed to safety, customer service, and have hands-on experience with vehicle maintenance and repair, apply now!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $20.20 - $26.30/HR based on experience with up to $.75/hour shift differential pay!
- $.30/hour for every Transit ASE you obtain and Master Technician certification…$5.6K annual
- Modern fleet…40% of our fleet is less than three years old
- State-of-the-art facilities! Inspection pits, lifts, wireless shop, environmentally controlled, paperless shop with electronic work orders
- PPE and uniforms provided; tool insurance; annual tool, safety shoe, and prescription safety glasses allowance; bi-monthly employee meals
- Career advancement opportunities due to “promote from within” philosophy and strong presence across North America
- Full benefits package including paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, vision, pension and 401(k) savings plan
Transit Fleet Diesel Technician major responsibilities:
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per First Transit quality standards on vehicles and equipment with-in planned time tolerances to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write-ups timely and efficiently.
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work orders.
- Working knowledge of computer-based diagnostic software for OEM's and component manufacturers.
- Mentor, teach and share expertise with junior Technicians to aid in their development to positions of greater responsibility.
- Perform road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Communicate professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Transit Fleet Diesel Technician job requirements:
- Graduation from a technical school or military experience desirable
- Minimum 3 years recent CNG or Diesel experience
- Valid driver's license; be willing to obtain CDL while employed (company training provided!)
- 40 hours of company provided training; be willing to obtain ASE Certifications while employed (testing and study material paid for by First Transit)
- Technician must provide personal tools (diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by First Transit) necessary to perform all maintenance repair and diagnostics
- Background check and drug screen required
So, Who Are We?
We are First Transit (A Division of FirstGroup America) – a leading transportation provider. We move more than 350 million passengers annually and employ 19,500 dedicated transit professionals in over 300 locations worldwide. And we need great team members like you!
Don't Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status