What you'll do...
Lead the overall planning, design, communication, and administration of all benefit plans including self-funded health and welfare plans, cafeteria plan, income protection plans, spending accounts, retirement plans and well-being programs. Responsibilities include plan design and administration, annual enrollment, compliance, leave administration, vendor management, creating and maintaining operational processes, updating policies and procedures, overseeing the payment of invoices and completing projects. Utilizes knowledge of benefits regulations, internal policies and practices to effectively and efficiently manage key benefits programs that are impacted by the complexity of a fluctuating seasonal workforce. Provide guidance, insight, and research on industry trends, compliance, and best practices. Provides coaching, development and training of benefits staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan and implement cost-effective and competitive benefit programs and associate policies to ensure alignment with the needs of the organization and current healthcare legislation
• Negotiate health and welfare benefits renewal contracts, manage procurement of vendor contracts and comply with annual Information Security Compliance
• Utilizes knowledge of benefits regulations, internal policies and practices to effectively and efficiently manage key benefits to ensure they are in compliance with government regulations, including 5500 filings, reporting, audits, required distribution notices, SOC 1 reporting and non-discrimination testing
• Ensure our benefits eligibility processes are compliant with ACA regulations, including accurate and timely quarterly reporting and processing of all 1094 and 1095 forms
• Manage annual Open Enrollment processes and timelines to ensure associate elections and benefits changes are processed correctly
• Develop and manage the benefits communication strategy, including open enrollment and ongoing vendor communications
• Monitor performance and development of benefits team members and their processes; prepare & deliver quarterly and annual performance reviews
• Ensure the benefits team provides administrative support to the Employee Benefits Committee in support of fiduciary responsibility of the 401(k) plan in a timely and accurate manner.
• Develop business relationships with internal customers to gain best understanding of business needs and challenges
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
Human Resources Certifications: CEBS, SPHR, or PHR
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 8 years Minimum related work experience
- Ability to plan and schedule tasks for team members in order to meet the objectives of the project goals
- Significant knowledge of benefits design, laws and regulations sufficient to understand and design a comprehensive benefits platform
- Strong leadership skills, ability to function as a team leader, coordinating activities and communicating information effectively.