What you'll do...
H&R Block is looking for a seasoned social media native responsible for developing and implementing compelling social media programs. If you know TikTok isn't just the sound a clock makes and you're passionate about social media's role in marketing communications, we want to talk to you.
- Develop and support paid and organic social media strategies that deliver results and meet objectives
- Manage channel content calendars, creating planned content well in advance, knowing when to pivot and creating opportunistic content on a dime
- Collaborate with internal and external creative teams to develop strategic, breakthrough social media content
- Oversight of content publishing, ensuring content is error free and to channel specs
- Serve as the subject matter expert to educate the organization on social media trends, competitive insights, and emerging social media tools
- In conjunction with the community manager, conduct social listening research, derive insights from the data, and proactively elevate opportunities
- Ensure the brand's employee advocacy program supports local marketing needs and complements national social media strategies and content
- Compile and disseminate regular social listening and competitive reports
- Collaborate with other teams for a unified social media presence across the organization, including customer service and corporate communications
- Manage company's social reputation and help oversee social media channels in times of crisis
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with social channels including managing content calendars
- Thorough understanding of all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok), their technical requirements and best practices
- Understand the role paid and organic social plays in the marketing ecosystem
- Experience with social analytics/publishing tools (Netbase, Khoros)
- Experience with social media employee advocacy programs a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead employees
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be adaptable to change
- 5-7 years experience managing social media programs
- Experience managing social media for national brands preferred
- 1-2 years of people management experience