What you'll do...
At H&R Block, your contributions will go far beyond any job description. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
As aDistrict Operations Coordinator, you'll be responsible for all operational and administrative activities for company-owned tax offices and may support multiple District General Managers (DGMs) in a matrix management structure. You'll need a strong ability to deliver executable results that will enable the company to achieve strategic business objectives.
The DGMs will look to you for consistent and effective weekly communication during scheduled 1:1s. This communication should include updates on shared goals including but not limited to: Hiring and onboarding of associates (Ready to Serve (RTS)), 8-week breaks, availability, vacation incentive, associate's ability to work in multiple locations, real estate projects, financial reviews, supply orders, facility issues, visibility items, office readiness, classrooms, staffing by office (hiring tracker review) and pre-season staffing.
Day to day, you'll...
- Hire and provide leadership for assigned Operational Administrative Assistants and Operations Specialists by setting and managing against performance goals, coaching, and providing development opportunities
- Manage labor and productivity to budget and business demand
- Ensure team submits timely and accurate expense reports
- Support District General Managers through consistent and effective communication, providing updates on all operations initiatives and known issues
- Manage office readiness, partnering with Lead Field System Technicians to facilitate office readiness planning, location set up and tear down, real estate projects and office upgrades
- Ensure all supplies are available to assigned offices.
- Execute planograms, ensuring office standards are consistently met and managing supply ordering and distribution
- Prepare for Hiring and onboarding (Ready to Serve) by assisting with hiring fairs and recruitment events
- Track and resolve issues with hiring status, offer letters, pay rate exceptions, I-9 compliance, PTIN applications, training requirements and furloughs
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- 1-2 years of direct management of associates
- Bilingual skills may apply and are dependent on the needs of the district
- Demonstrated understanding of the company structure and staff as it relates to the company's vision and mission
- Knowledge of H&R Block Tax Office responsibilities
What you'll bring to the team...
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of multi-unit retail experience or similar work environment
- Strong ability to deliver executable results that will enable the company to achieve strategic business objectives
- Strong leadership background and knowledge of how to handle problems quickly and efficiently
- Excellent communication and logistical planning skills with a proven ability to coordinate activities within a matrix management structure
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively work under strict deadlines, while organizing multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to research and summarize operational data for use in managerial decisions
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system and applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint
- Lead or participate on project teams for the benefit of the operations function. This would include project planning, communication, collaborating with others, etc.