What you'll do...
|JOB SUMMARY |
Provides technical PC, peripheral, network and software break-fix, on-site, phone, chat and off-phone for retail tax offices worldwide enabling end users to operate efficiently and effectively. Utilizes software solutions, knowledge base, personal knowledge, and computer systems to resolve and track user incidents. Effectively opens and works support requests and escalates to the appropriate people/team as necessary. Effectively communicates and assists clients regarding their technical support issues. Serve as a liaison between business partners, Lead FST/CSM and TSC to identify and resolve problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the setup, shutdown and support of PC hardware and software for H&R Block's field company offices in compliance with instructions provided by CSC
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and support field systems in company-owned field offices by phone, chat and on-site visits.
- Help troubleshoot/support FR offices by phone and chat.
- Maintain an inventory of district resources. Maintain hot spare tracking and control for computer equipment in the district.
- Ensure essential communication with Business Partners and Lead Field Systems Technician/Company Support Manager on support issues and needs.
- Maintain network and telephone systems in company offices.
- Document hardware problems and their resolution within the ticketing system.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Remote into and/ or control desktops to resolve technical issues.
- Follow established processes and procedures to work cases and handle inquiries to resolve office and associate issues.
- Maintain a technical working knowledge of product or products supported by the department.
- Handle Field contacts while ensuring quality measurement procedures, and work instructions are maintained within policy guidelines.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Windows Environment, Windows network configurations and MS Office (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot computer hardware, networks and systems.
- Demonstrated organization, prioritization and project coordination skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision-making and analytical abilities.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Must be able to lift and transport to up 60 pounds.
- Access to and ability to drive a motor vehicle; possession of a valid driver's license; adequate insurance coverage as required by applicable state law and a good driving record.
- Computer networking certification A+, Net+.
- One year networking experience
- Two years experience working with Windows Environment.
- One year troubleshooting, and network environment within an office experience
- Experience troubleshooting POS systems and peripherals e.g. credit card and check readers.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 2 years Minimum related work experience