What you'll do...
Responsible for providing administrative support within a District or Districts in the areas of operational support, ordering supplies, hiring support and general administrative duties as related to the district(s) offices operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides seasonal hiring support in the HRB Gateway hiring system and administrative support to the District Operations Coordinator (DOC) supporting the overall district(s) offices. 50%
- Receives communication (written, telephone and electronic) from offices who have a concern or a need around supplies, facilities or support. Documents nature of problem, researches solutions, and resolves issues or escalates to DOC or DGM as needed. 50%
- Reviews office supply inventory and places orders to meet the needs of the office/district. .
- Review and verify invoices and prepares payment for the DOC's approval.
- Assists with local marketing initiatives.
- Attends training related to the effective and efficient performance of job duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the District Operations Coordinator or in partnership with other managerial staff.
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent. Additional course work in math is preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of one year of clerical or administrative experience.
- Must have good reading and math skills in order to understand information and effectively explain information to others.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills and effectively communicate in person.
- Computer skills
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system and applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Windows operating system.
- A basic level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read, write, and clearly communicate in English and/or other languages as required by the needs of the district.
- Additional state and local requirements may apply.
- Two to four years of experience as an H&R Block associate.
- Experience in a multi-unit environment.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No previous work experience necessary.