What you'll do...
Role and Responsibilities
- Serves as business advisor to our clients aiming at maximizing engagement and achieving qualitative outcomes.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review company federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business-related filings.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Manage members of the tax team as they prepare components of the company's US federal income tax return and other tax documents.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with tax team.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Manage and mentor members of tax team to greater levels of effectiveness and engagement
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 8 years Minimum related work experience