What you'll do...
As a part-time, seasonal Field Systems Technician (FST), you'll provide technical PC, peripherals, and network support to multiple districts in accordance with the customer support center (CSC) and Market or Regional guidelines. You'll also serve as a liaison between business partners and Lead FST or Company Support Manager (CSM) to identify and resolve problems.
- Coordinate the setup, shutdown, and support of PC hardware and software for H&R Block's field offices in compliance with instructions provided by CSC Maintain, troubleshoot, and support field systems in company-owned field offices by phone and with on-site visits
- Conduct troubleshooting in conjunction with Technical Center Support (TCS) associates and Lead Field Systems Technician/Company Support Manager, as necessary
- Ensure essential communication with Business Partners and Lead Field Systems Technician/Company Support Manager on support issues and needs
- Maintain network and telephone systems in company offices
- Document hardware problems and their resolution within the ticketing system
- Assist the Lead Field Systems Technician/Company Support Manager with special projects
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Windows Environment, Windows network configurations, and MS Office (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot computer hardware, networks and system
- Demonstrated organization, prioritization, and project coordination skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision-making, and analytical abilities>
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Must be able to lift and transport to up 60 pounds
- Access to and ability to drive a motor vehicle; possession of a valid driver's license; adequate insurance coverage as required by applicable state law and a good driving record
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Windows Environment, Windows network configurations and MS Office (or equivalent)
- Access to and ability to drive a motor vehicle; possession of a valid driver's license; adequate insurance coverage as required by applicable state law and a good driving record.
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated organization, prioritization and project coordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot computer hardware, networks and systems.