What you'll do...
As a part-time,Seasonal Field Systems Technician (FST),you'll provide technical PC, peripherals, and network support to multiple districts in accordance with the customer support center (CSC) and Market or Regional guidelines. You'll also serve as a liaison between business partners and Lead FST or Company Support Manager (CSM) to identify and resolve problems.
- Coordinate the setup, shutdown, and support of PC hardware and software for H&R Block's field offices in compliance with instructions provided by CSC
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and support field systems in company-owned field offices by phone and with on-site visits
- Conduct troubleshooting in conjunction with Technical Center Support (TCS) associates and Lead Field Systems Technician/Company Support Manager, as necessary
- Maintain an inventory of district resources including hot spare tracking and control for computer equipment in the district
- Ensure essential communication with Business Partners and Lead Field Systems Technician/Company Support Manager on support issues and needs
- Maintain network and telephone systems in company offices
- Document hardware problems and their resolution within the ticketing system
- Assist the Lead Field Systems Technician/Company Support Manager with special projects
About H&R Block...
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Computer networking certification A+, Net+
- Two years of experience working with Windows Environment
- One year of networking experience
- One year of troubleshooting, and network environment within an office experience
- Experience troubleshooting POS systems and peripherals (e.g. credit card and check readers)
What you'll bring to the team...
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Windows Environment, Windows network configurations, and MS Office (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot computer hardware, networks and system
- Demonstrated organization, prioritization, and project coordination skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision-making, and analytical abilities
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Must be able to lift and transport to up 60 pounds
- Access to and ability to drive a motor vehicle; possession of a valid driver's license; adequate insurance coverage as required by applicable state law and a good driving record