Position is in Southington, CT!
The Store Management Team is responsible for the timely and consistent execution of all Merchandising, Operational, and Human Resource policies and procedures within a designated retail location in accordance with the philosophy and standards of the company.
The Assistant Manager participates in managing the entire store while maintaining specific areas of responsibility.
- Ensure store presentation is in compliance with company standards including but not limited to merchandising, maintenance, and cleanliness.
- Inventory control through proper ordering, communication to the buyers and to the auto replenishment department
- Timely compliance to company directives including Operational, Merchandising and Visual policies, procedures, and programs.
- Monitor customer service to ensure the quality of service is commensurate with company and customer expectations
- Development of a stable, knowledgeable store organization
- Maintain a close working relationship with the designated Regional Field Team, District Loss Prevention Manager, and District Manager.
- Store Management is responsible for the management of freight flow, backroom organization, and 24-hour freight turn-around.
- Store Management is responsible for the hiring, supervision, and training of all store Associates, as well as maintaining staffing needs while adhering to the base scheduling program. Assistant Store Manager supervises and train assigned store associates within areas of responsibility.
Qualified applicant must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Training and Experience:
- Previous retail management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Must be able to speak and comprehend English. Secondary language is helpful.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical data, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual.
- Ability to write routine reports, reviews and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups of employees.
- Understanding of retail merchandising practices, including concepts such as Item Driven Merchandising
- Comfortable communication with all levels of management and employees
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and address issues
- Must be able to perform merchandising tasks such as: set and operate a pricing gun, cut case merchandise, lift merchandise weighing up to 35 pounds, display and sign merchandise.
- Must be able to perform tasks related to retail sales operations such as: perform sales transactions; perform tasks associated with balancing daily deposits, and related daily sales reporting.
- Must be able to perform tasks related to retail receiving functions such as: verification of merchandise received; processing of invoices, manifests, transfers, and any other document associated with the receiving process.