What you'll do...
This exciting role will introduce you to H&R Block core systems and processes around creating and managing tax preparation software development. You will work closely with the H&R Block team responsible for building the next generation tax engine. Document requirements and processes contributing to an enhanced work operations.
- Maintain the product backlog by ensuring user stories have a complete description, acceptance criteria, and test cases.
- Work closely with the product owner and developers to identify and define technical requirements.
- Develop subject matter expertise with the functionalities and use cases pertaining to the assigned system.
- Use in-depth understanding of system to write user stories in support of system functionality and features.
- Work with team members located across different time zones (onshore/offshore resources).
- Develop and conduct user training on delivery process.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Business Management, Systems Development, or related area of equivalent combination of education and work experience. Tax knowledge or experience is helpful.
- Facilitation skills for capturing requirements.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Experience using software applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Experience using Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) systems for requirements management is preferred.