What you'll do...
H&R Block, the world's leader in tax preparation services, is looking for aTax Accountantlocated in Lacey, Washington. The Tax Accountant applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Prepares, submits and manages tax statement sand returns for businesses and clients. Provides advice on financial and tax matters and should have an in-dept knowledge of the regulations, laws and acts that govern the process. Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and is a good communicator.
What you'll do
- Preparing tax statements, financial statements and BAS statements at required intervals
- Creating and returning statements and documents to clients by set deadlines
- Preparing business income tax returns and statements for audits
- Assisting in financial planning
- Regularly reviewing systems and making updates and improvements where necessary
- Identifying areas where clients and businesses can reduce tax, make claims and increase profit
- Possessing strong knowledge of tax law and statutory regulations
- Understanding financial landscape and market trends
- Responsibilities could pertain to any area of accounting, such as: general ledger, tax, accounts payable, payroll, etc.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and equity. Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected SBU or Support department financial position and results.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end analysis of accounts for assigned lines of business. Validate the accuracy of data from subsystems.
- Process subsystems or subsidiary interfaces. Validate the accuracy of the interfaced data. Perform follow up and resolution of determined issues.
- May be responsible for auditing contracts, orders and vouchers. Prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Participate in the development, improvement, and implementation of accounting procedures. Assist in gathering accounting requirements from SBUs and Support departments and determining changes to existing programs or new programs.
- Engaging regularly with clients and maintaining strong relationships
- To also serve as supervisor for bookkeeping staff.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Experience with PeopleSoft general ledger and query preferred
- Experience in Tax Accounting
- Certification in Public Accounting
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field -OR- equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of integrated online accounting applications
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and project simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel including ability to use macros, pivot tables, and query
- Ability to navigate internet