What you'll do...
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Kansas City, MO)
Responsible for quality assurance of Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing focused custom software applications. Act as ETL/DWH Tester and provide guidance, leadership, and execution of quality assurance activities for technically complex, mission-critical, and high-profile projects. Serve as a key resource to Software Engineering, Product Management and ensure software/hardware performs as documented. Write test plans and test cases, update test cases, test designs and support documentation to ensure testing and support of applications is accurate. Create clearly documented defects and execute end-to-end functional tests and utilize automated tests developed by others to exercise system as appropriate. Review application and project documentation to ensure it meets customer needs. Ensure 100% accuracy of all test documentation within the standard test case and defect repository. Accurately report risks and progress to leadership. Train others on application and customer knowledge.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems or related field.
5 years of Quality Assurance or Software Testing experience to include:
2 years of which must include:
- ETL testing against Data Warehouse with Informatica, data stage and Ab Initio tools
- Test case peer reviews;
- Analyze complex functional requirements, design manual / automated tests, test traceability matrices and prepare test data for ETL logic and Source to Target verification;
- Write and execute complex queries using SQL Server, Oracle [SQL Developer], Netezza and MongoDB for Data Validations;
- JIRA and HP ALM;
- Lead teams;
- Testing cycle to include: smoke, integration, regression, user acceptance and performance link testing;
- Crystal and XML BI publisher reports;
- Frontend or UI testing.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.