What you'll do...
At H&R Block we are looking for problem-solving, difference-makers to help us with new approaches, challenges, and designs working on complex systems. Our people are the key to our success, and we are investing in talent opportunities. We encourage learning, experimenting, and exploration. If this type of innovation and learning is enticing to you and if you embrace and implement Agile practices, we are looking for you!
- Provide technical expertise to design, develop and maintain software components and products that support H&R Block business applications.
- Provide lead role for day-to-day functional tasks in the team, such as developer support, maintaining the development environment and establish best practices in coding and development within the team.
- Use tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements.
- Create and execute unit tests and alpha test plans to address defects.
- Work closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements.
- Assist in planning and implementation of a strategic direction for the product.
- Design, develop and maintain complex software components.
- Create and maintain documentation of design approaches and internal architecture.
- Identify product design features to support scalability, usability and better performance.
- Assist and drive technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered by the development team.
- Design and develop reusable code components.
- Positively and proactively lead and influence the team.
- Maintain development environment and creates build.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
5+ years' experience related work experience in the following:
- Multiple programming languages such as Java or Golang
- Kubernetes, preferably in Azure (AKS)
- Linux / Unix / Windows
- Experience with large-scale enterprise environments where real-time monitoring of critical infrastructure is fundamental to operations and compliance.
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodologies, such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and Scrum/Kanban/XP.Agile principles such as Continuous Integration (CI), Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Delivery (CD) and DevOps.
- Cloud technologies, Azure Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.