What you'll do...
The Forms Development Specialist assists in the process for reproducing substitute forms for multiple tax systems. Contributes to the development of these forms to ensure substitute forms guidelines and requirements set by the government entities is met. Assists the Regulatory team in updating and formatting tax forms for use in tax software.
- Typeset and proofread tax forms for input into tax software. Final check forms prior to sending back for approval. Use in-house typeset software to format tax forms.
- Use email, phone, and face-to-face communication to research questions on forms and/or problems with in-house software.
- Track form progress using spreadsheet software.
- Attend monthly personal meetings, bi-monthly team meetings.
- Assist with filing system for all typeset tax forms.
- Utilize style guides for each individual state/entity.
- Assist with writing and editing training and software manuals as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Associate Degree or appropriate work experience and ability to demonstrate necessary skill level.
- Minimum of one to three years of experience in financial services or operations environment.
What you'll bring to the team...
- High School Diploma or appropriate work experience and ability to demonstrate necessary skill level.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to pass assessments to demonstrate excellent computer skills, especially proficient with Microsoft Windows and Word.
- Minimum of one year experience in financial services or operations environment.
- Ability to perform under stress in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapts to change.
- Must demonstrate excellent research skills.