What you'll do...
H&R Block, the world's leader in tax services, is looking for a high performing District General Manager (DGM). The District General Manager is key member of the field leadership team responsible for leading a geographic district of H&R Block retail tax offices and growing their customer base.
The District General Manager leads and manages the district by establishing and maintaining strategic sales plans, prioritization and project management leading to operational excellence. In addition, the District General Manager ensures that policies and procedures are implemented and followed in each office to increase revenues, control expenses, and promote client satisfaction through a consistent and positive experience. Additionally, the District General Manager is responsible for accelerating business growth through implementation of business plan, marketing, and identification of growth opportunities and efficiently managing labor to ensure maximum productivity and profitability.
As a District General Manager, you will recruit and onboard high caliber, top performing leadership talent for key district positions. In addition, you will support office leaders with hiring initiatives and end-to-end performance management of office level associates. You will support office leaders by coaching and elevating performance standards of associates through goal setting and providing timely feedback. As the champion of our culture, you will ensure all office associates are focused on connecting with our clients to provide a welcoming and personalized service.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Project management experience
- Bi-lingual skills
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 5+ years of retail experience managing multi-unit (locations, departments or units), P&L, inventory, operations and customer service
- 5+ years of management experience leading teams including training and coaching, with strong leadership and communication skills
- Successful experience with sales, client growth, P&L, and localized marketing
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and solid coaching sills
- Experience recruiting for exempt and non-exempt jobs
- Experience implementing standard operating procedures and prioritization skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment; flexible, supportive and adaptive to changes in direction, priorities and job duties
- Curious, a student of business and human behavior; deeply knowledgeable of their own business and always looking for inspiration from other businesses
- Broad strategic thinker who innovates, vales winning as a team, straight-forward communication style across all audience and determined, bias for action.
- Courage to take calculated risks and is passionate, creative, and customer centric.
- Ability to travel as needed