What you'll do...
JOB SUMMARY -
Writes, edits, and reviews articles for tax accuracy, and participates in projects and assignments that supports Tax Law and Policy Analysis initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Reviews articles, charts, and other materials for tax accuracy, updating current content.
- Proofs, edits and organizes content to ensure it facilitates reader understanding.
- Tailors content to the defined audience to ensure it meets the user's needs, knowledge and experience level.
- Creates new articles, charts, and other materials
- Evaluates user feedback and make recommendations for enhancements to content based on that feedback.
- Independently researches and analyzes federal and state tax law in order to validate content for accuracy or draft new content.
- Monitors and analyzes tax law changes.
- Supports web content management, publishing content on the site.
- Responds to customer support inquiries from Tax Research Center users.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Circular 230 credential (attorney, EA or CPA)
- Operational knowledge of tax law, regulations, and other administrative guidance (personal, corporate, partnership, fiduciary, estate, and gift)
- Knowledge of tax research principles, procedures and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to research complex tax issues.
- Demonstrated writing skills in informational and educational materials.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse work group
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Minimum experience of 3 years as a tax pro or tax researcher.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- No previous work experience necessary.