What you'll do...
H&R Block, the world's leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a Director DevOps Transformation and Enterprise Testing to join the IT leadership team. This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light District of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away. Join us as we modernize our technology landscape and increase the speed and quality we deliver new products and capabilities to our associates and clients. Are you ready to lead transformation and innovation at a well-respected company that is poised to redefine the way financial services are viewed? H&R Block is in the midst of positive cultural and technological change, and this role is pivotal in accelerating and guiding the change.
More than two years into its IT transformation, the journey has included a significant move to cloud computing, particularly Microsoft Azure, along with Agile and DevOps approaches to operate at the ever-increasing speed of technology in the marketplace. The process of migrating to the cloud has involved a combination of developing greenfield cloud-native applications that take advantage of the latest PaaS services that are being released on a monthly basis. To harness this power automation approaches such as CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, and automated gating are being employed to radically increase speed to market and quality.
Day to day, you'll...
- With a passion for technology transformation and DevOps, this visionary and evangelist will lead and influence teams focused on evolving the experience and processes for our IT organization, including automated testing, infrastructure as code, measuring development performance, governance, and modernizing IT tools.
- Team Leadership: Lead, manage, and coach your team to bring technology expertise and automation to the organization. Your organization includes a governance team, enterprise testing team, DevOps transformation team (includes agile and DevOps coaches), and a team focus on evolution to test automation and decentralized testing.
- Partnership: Collaborate with H&R Block technology and product teams to build agile and DevOps processes into the delivery of new/enhanced products. Using a metrics driven framework to access progress and determine where to engage - with coaching and leadership.
- Change agent: The DevOps transformation is a meaningful shift for H&R Block, this role needs to drive the change with thought leadership, empathy, and determination to make a difference. Managing relationship, at all levels, to move the organization forward. Creating change management approaches and strategies to move the organization towards the future state.
- Strategy and Direction: With your team, create and maintain a vision, strategy, and executable roadmap focused on delivering DevOps. The IT strategy is grounded in the expectation that we can become a mature DevOps shop. This role is pivotal in delivering that.
- Purpose: Be a part of H&R Block's purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
Some mix of H&R Block's cutting edge technologies-
- Kubernetes-backed microservice applications
- Cosmos DB
- Istio Service Mesh
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake
- Serverless (Azure functions)
- Angular Micro UI
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- 10 years minimum work experience
- 5+ years of people management experience, including developing and managing a significant department budget.
- Candidates must possess excellent leadership qualities and communication skills, including the proven abilities to facilitate meetings, manage cross-functional teams, champion ideas and influence others up, down and across the organization to obtain buy-in for the products and/or programs.
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.