What you'll do...
At H&R Block, your contributions will go far beyond any job description. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
Join us as we create superior digital experiences for our clients by knowing and predicting their needs while delivering unparalleled support and transparency. The selected candidate must have a passion for delivering exceptional experiences for clients, prospects, and associates that align with H&R Block's brand promise of providing expertise and care.
This director will lead teams focused on evolving the experience for our core digital tax product by deeply understanding our users to better serve their needs, guiding expansion of our product line, and evolving how we leverage data. You will be part of a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
Day to day, you'll focus on...
- Customer Segments: Live and breathe the voice of the customer, understanding what makes our users unique, and drive a plan for how we can make their lives better through our product suite. Evaluate and evolve current segments and recommend improvements to our product line up. Must be able a strong communicator and customer advocate.
- Leveraging Data: Guide product vision for enterprise wide data strategy and align organization to deliver forward-thinking solutions leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Strategy & Direction: With your team, create and maintain a vision, strategy, and executable roadmap focused on growing the digital tax core product by deeply understanding the needs of our customers. Recommend expansion of product line by evaluating customers' jobs to be done. Work closely with senior leaders to meet or exceed goals focused on client and revenue growth and conversion improvements. Understand and manage the P&L and team budget. Have a greater sense for what is possible.
- Team Leadership: Lead, manage, and coach your team to create superior digital experiences for our clients by knowing and predicting their needs while delivering unparalleled support and transparency. Develop team members into leaders and support their career development goals. Build bench strength with internal and external talent.
- Partnerships: Collaborate with internal and external partners to design, develop and implement new products or programs. Cultivate strong relationships among working teams in IT, Data Science, and Marketing.
- Insights: Monitor and analyze key performance indicators and stay abreast of the competition and emerging trends. Be a champion of data-driven product decisions. Distill this information into meaningful reports and recommendations.
- Purpose: Be a part of H&R Block's purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.
About H&R Block...
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience. MBA or Master's Degree preferred.
- Significant experience in area of expertise and/or product/program management experience, typically 10+ years with increasing levels of responsibility
- 5+ years of people management experience, including developing and managing a significant department budget
- Ability to translate business strategy into department/product/program strategy
- Extensive experience with user-centered design and research
- Experience with cost-benefit analysis in preparing/reviewing business cases.
- Excellent leadership qualities and communication skills, including the proven abilities to facilitate meetings, manage cross-functional teams, champion ideas and influence others up, down and across the organization to obtain buy-in for the products and/or programs
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and ability to champion agile development methodology
- Deep understanding of how to leverage data to make decisions that drive positive business outcomes
- Must be self-motivated, committed, and accountable