DescriptionWe're hiring a 2nd Shift (2:00PM - 10:30PM) HR Business Partner to support our Atlanta, Georgia Distribution Center. The Second shift is a 4-day work week Monday-Thursday from 4:30pm PM to 3:15AM. This role will be required to work a mid-shift in order to provide support to the 2nd Shift teams, will work some hours on Friday, flexibility is required in scheduling. The HR Generalist plays a key role in providing comprehensive HR support to the current and future DC's. This includes driving the effective execution of HR processes including associate relations (union avoidance training, focus groups) and associate engagement (opinion surveys, peer review process). Provides coaching and guidance to supervisors and associates to recommend solutions to business issues. The Role You'll Play:
Associate Relations: Coach management team to ensure all associates exhibit proper behaviors. Investigate employee complaints, resolve associate conflicts and advise management as needed on appropriate disciplinary actions. Conduct associate feedback meetings as needed to address issues and provide feedback needed when issues are identified. Authorized to make final decisions in regard to safety related Hourly associate disciplinary matters up to and including dismissal.
HR Compliance: Conduct training/coaching sessions for management on HR topics including harassment, policy and procedures, performance management, safety, OSHA, and union avoidance. Expected to be a resource for the Supply Chain, and as such will present training sessions at all DC's. Will have a key role in setting up systems and procedures at new facilities including possible acquisitions.
- Business Partnerships: Partner with SSC to help communicate changes affecting Benefits, Associate Relations, Payroll or other processes. Build relationships with supervisors and associates by establishing a reputation as a valued resource. Provide leadership in the execution of organizational initiatives impacting DC's. Respond to DC's' needs as a resource for labor, workplace violence or other issues in partnership with the HR Manager and other SSC resources to assess issue and determine steps needed for positive resolution. Serve as a resource to supervisors, managers and associates regarding questions relating to policies and practices including benefits, compensation, employment, workers compensation, leaves of absences, etc. Ensure compliance with federal and state laws relating to proper payment of wages and accurate recordkeeping concerning time worked.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business- related field
- Three to five years of experience in Employee Relations; Union Avoidance; Human Resources Generalist Work
- Ability to conduct thorough investigations and maintain documentation in an organized manner.
- Strong coaching, communication and influence skills.
- Ability to make sound business decisions.
- Ability to provide critical feedback to assist with the growth and development of associates and supervisors.
- Ability to prioritize challenging demands and manage time effectively.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Strong sense of urgency to resolve associate issues.
- Experience in handling Legal/Government Charges as a Company Representative.
- This role will be required to work a mid-shift in order to provide support to the 2nd Shift teams, will work some hours on Friday, flexibility is required in scheduling.