|This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
General Manager - Retail Operations
Blake Farms is a family owned and operated farm that has been in business and serving the local and regional community since 1946. Since Blake Farms humble beginnings, it has grown into one of the country's largest cider mills pressing over 400,000 gallons of cider a year and having visitors each in excess of 600,000 come and see the working farm. Aside from a large operation that farms & sells a variety of fruit, vegetable, and tree crops, Blake Farms has diversified its business to offer food options and a Funland activity area as well as becoming a destination for schools, scouts and lots of other groups! Blake Farms is a destination for public entertainment, bringing the people from our local communities together to making lasting memories. You will find working environment that feels much more like a family environment in which to practice your craft and add value to progressive and ever evolving business to learn more about us visit www.blakefarms.com. Additionally, Blake Farms also expanded into the hard cider industry, which has quickly become one of the largest in the Midwest and the winery is also on site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all venues of the location to ensure smooth operations and continued growth. The GM is vital to the success of the company and must ensure that the owners' strategies and goals are met, and that the overall customer satisfaction provided by the company is conducive to building sales and maintaining profitability. They will contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth. Areas of responsibility encompass all departments including: Operational Procedures, Customer Sales & Service, Staff Management, Financial Control and General Oversight. You and your team are responsible for supporting the company vision and mission. Because you will be in contact with current and prospective customers, and you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
The essential responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead a team of Retail staff which includes staffing, performance management training and coaching in a harmonious working climate, while maximizing employee morale and productivity
- Create weekly staff schedules and be able to predict
- Establish goals, direction and vision while strategically planning all retail and merchandising projects
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment by following the company's established risk mitigation plan
- Responsible for conducting sales and creating a memorable experience for all retail customers
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by maintaining inventories.
- Maintain awareness of all available promotions and assist customer with all inquiries and assisting in locating products within the store.
- Ensure compliance with state regulations regarding meal times and breaks for minor workers in the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5 year's of Retail or Grocery/produce management experience required
- Experience with P&L Reporting
- Experience managing a multi-dimensional operation
- Knowledge and/or experience with creative merchandising of a retail operation
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in an ever changing, intense environment
- Knowledge of inventory management
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with minimal supervision and good follow-through
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and integrity a must
- Must be available to work weekends and Holidays, especially during busy seasons
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds
This is a FULL-TIME, YEAR-ROUND Position with benefits:
- Salary Pay
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) with company match