|What you'll do...
Responsible for leading a geographic district of approximately 20 H&R Block retail tax offices. The District General Manager provides the leadership and direction to instill a client-focused culture throughout the district, resulting in increased client retention and client satisfaction. Responsible for accelerating business growth through implementation of business plan, marketing, and identification of growth opportunities.
- Recruit, interview, and hire seasonal tax office associates. Support Office Leaders in hiring of office-level associates.
- Coach and elevate performance of associates through goal-setting, coaching, and providing timely feedback. Support Office Leaders in end-to-end performance management of office-level associates. Responsible for triggering corrective action processes, as necessary, for direct reports.
- Responsible for providing associate development opportunities, building a culture of recognition and focusing on associate retention, resulting in a high-performing, energized, and collaborative district team.
- Champion client experience by ensuring every office associate is focused on easing the client's tax-related stress by providing a welcoming and personalized service. Seek and utilize client feedback to drive decisions and prioritize client-focused change. Promote the H&R Block brand within community, to clients, and to associates.
- Implement business plan and identify district growth opportunities. Exceed business results and rapidly gain market share by implementing a district-level market plan. Hold Office Leaders and associates accountable for business growth at office and individual levels. Utilize business data to make decisions to drive business results.
- Develop, implement and monitor strategy to increase client satisfaction and client retention within district.
- Manage staffing, labor, and compliance.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six to eight years of business experience to include strategic development, budgeting and people management
- Effective management of field personnel to include a working knowledge of organizational planning techniques including the development of goals and objectives, staffing, and work standards
- Strong customer relationship skills with the desire and proven ability to work in a diverse work setting
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills that apply to all levels of the organization
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and work initiatives while meeting deadlines
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work irregular schedules
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.