|Financial Reporting Manager
Kansas City, MO (USA)
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Job Type:||Part Time||Fax:|
|What you'll do...
As a Financial Reporting Manager at our corporate headquarters in Kansas City, you'll Responsible for implementing and executing a global SEC Reporting process. You'll also manage data gathering, review, and the consolidation process for US GAAP disclosures in 10-Q/K filings and other regulatory filings including proxy statements, employee benefit plan audits, and other issued financial statements. Responsible for ensuring that the reporting adhere to US GAAP and company policies. Documents accounting policies and procedures and assists with technical accounting research. Reports on financial results, including investigating trends and variances, on a monthly basis.
Working with us, you can make a large-scale impact, helping to establish new ways forward for our people and clients as we transform our entire industry. And unlike some accounting sectors, this position provides steady, reasonable hours that help you embrace what makes your life uniquely yours.
Day to day, you'll
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of accounting and/or SEC Reporting experience or relevant experience including preparing and/or reviewing financial statements to include income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows, statement of stockholders' equity and related footnote disclosures.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures as applied in a public company.
- Strong financial analysis capability.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of automated accounting systems.\\\\
- Prior experience with Workday or other general ledger and consolidation and reporting systems with query, report writing and other user functionality.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously by .establishing priorities, organizing and planning work for self and subordinates
- Ability to work effectively with individuals throughout the organization.
- Ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work for self and subordinates.
- Ability to review the work of subordinates and members of other departments in a constructive, helpful, and objective manner
About H&R Block...
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.