|What you'll do...
At H&R Block, your contributions will go far beyond any job description. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
The Training Developer develops, designs, and delivers general and specific training. Assists in creation of timely, relevant, and cost-effective training in accordance with program objectives. Ensures all associated documentation is collected, and monitors training effectiveness.
Day to day, you'll...
Analyzes training needs and requests, consults with stakeholders to understand requirements, and recommends key deliverables for learning products. (Customer-Centric)
Supports communication strategy and maintains consultative relationship with stakeholders and shared services partners.
Assists with and supports design document that governs the development of the learning solution. Manages assignment completion effectively; able to change direction quickly; understands timeliness and iterative/rapid development.
- Develops learning solution and manages the end-to-end review and production process. May peer review other developers' work as a part of the process.
- Builds train-the-trainer sessions as well as trainer certifications and may facilitate the sessions. Also, may facilitate other training events in both small and large groups, to all levels of responsibility within the organization.
Assists with evaluating effectiveness of results, including test item analysis and Kirkpatrick learning evaluation levels. Looks for continuous improvement in process, delivery, approach, and application. Passionate about delivering inspiring, powerful solutions for clients.
Manages online resource maintenance. Executes training event logistics, such as event management, session enrollment and coordination.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 5 years experience in the design, development and/or delivery of training programs.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills. Experience with developing and planning training programs; demonstrated success with developing and maintaining strong relationships with groups and individuals.
- Delivers learning, both synchronous, and asynchronous, on time and within budget. Strives for "exceeding expectations."
- Instructional design experience with multiple course modalities: online asynchronous training, virtual, blended and face-to-face.
- Fluent in design principles (ADDIE, SAM), storyboarding, virtual facilitation tools, content management systems, and learning management systems.
- Proficiency in speaking to speak to adult learning principles (Bloom's Taxonomy, Experiential Learning, Business Simulations, Spaced Repetition, Training Outcomes).
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.