|What you'll do...
At H&R Block, your contributions will go far beyond any job description. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
The Senior Training Developer analyzes stakeholder learning requests, designs, develops, and may deliver general and specific training. Leads team in the creation of timely, relevant, and cost-effective training in accordance with program objectives. Works closely with leadership to ensure deliverable expectations are met.
Day to day, you'll...
- Develop learning solution and manages the end-to-end review and production process. Lead other developers in project completion, including providing feedback and coaching; may have responsibilities to supervise and review other developers' work. Collaborate with other developers and serves as a mentor. 45%
- Create, socialize and maintain design document that governs the development of the learning solution. Manage assignment completion effectively; able to change direction quickly; understand timeliness and iterative/rapid development. 20%
- Analyze training needs and requests, consult with stakeholders to understand requirements, and recommend key deliverables for learning products. 10%
- Establishe communication strategy and maintains consultative relationship with stakeholders and shared services partners. 10%
- Evaluate effectiveness of results, including test item analysis and Kirkpatrick learning evaluation levels. Look for continuous improvement in process, delivery, approach, and application. Passionate about delivering inspiring, powerful solutions for clients. 10%
- Build train-the-trainer sessions as well as trainer certifications and may facilitate the sessions. Also, may facilitate other training events in both small and large groups, to all levels of responsibility within the organization. 5%
What you'll bring to the team...
- 5 years' experience in the design, development and delivery of training programs, of which 2 years is in a financial services environment.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills. Experienced with developing and planning training programs; demonstrated success with developing and maintaining strong relationships with groups and individuals. Delivers learning, both synchronous, and asynchronous, on time and within budget. Strives for "exceeding expectations."
- Instructional design experience with multiple course modalities: online asynchronous training, virtual, blended and face-to-face.
- Fluent in design principles (ADDIE, SAM), storyboarding, virtual facilitation tools, content management systems, and learning management systems.
- Proficiency in speaking to speak to adult learning principles (Bloom's Taxonomy, Experiential Learning, Business Simulations, Spaced Repetition, Training Outcomes).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.