|What you'll do...
The Fraud Analyst will work with the Director of Fraud & Risk and Sr. Fraud Analyst to implement our fraud strategy with particular emphasis on proactive solutions to address and prevent future fraud.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze internal business processes and systems for the potential for fraud and abuse(fraud risk assessment); implement internal controls and monitor business processes for potential fraud occurrences.
- Implement fraud technology, tools and analytics to facilitate fraud information sharing and to optimize collaboration opportunities while effectively preventing, detecting and investigating fraud across all lines of business.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with each of our businesses in the area of fraud prevention, detection and investigation as well as internal controls development and development and quantification of fraud metrics.
- Lead the analysis and investigation of suspected fraud allegations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or other related field -OR- equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of progressive business experience including experience in fraud prevention, detection, remediation, and reporting of internal and external fraud within financial institution investigation.
- Demonstrated business process analysis as well as fraud investigation and analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of fraud risk management practices, as well as practices for prevention, detection, remediation and reporting of internal and external fraud within financial institutions.
- Banking experience.
- Possess good business liaison capabilities. Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Exceptional listening skills. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization from senior executives to staff level. Strong presentation skills necessary to communicate and influence a wide range of audiences.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Certified Fraud Examiner Certification
- Experience with data mining software
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 3 years Minimum related work experience
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.