|What you'll do...
H&R Block is looking for a talented Product Manager to join the Digital Tax team. This person will be responsible for delivering an outstanding experience for consumers using our H&R Block online and desktop software do-it-yourself (DIY) tax products.
As a Product Manager on the Digital team, you will be accountable for:
Day to day, you'll...
- Being the heart, mind and voice of the DIY tax preparation consumer.
- Working with the Lead Product Manager to define product enhancements to tax topics and other product functional areas as assigned.
- Creating and ensuring delivery of consumer-facing product interaction and implementation requirements to meet specific consumer needs.
- Ensuring client satisfaction goals are met or exceeded.
- Establishing and nurturing relationships with consumers, as well as internal product sponsors, stakeholders, and cross-functional team members.
- Product results that are in alignment with business objectives.
- Relentlessly pursue the creation of an outstanding tax preparation experience that delights and amazes out clients.
- Own overall responsibility for the success of assigned projects.
- Understand business goals and client research and data to create hypothesis and define requirements for solving client pain points.
- Take an iterative approach to creating a DIY tax experience that is focused on simplifying complex tax topics for ease of use.
- Collaborate effectively with designers, researchers, software engineers, QA, customer support, and product management peers to create deliverables to meet product objectives.
- Have ability to discuss technical issues at a high-level with engineering and understand design implementation and impact.
- Identify and track key success metrics (ex: usage and fallout by tax topic, Net Promoter Score) against product goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in related area, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Three to five years experience in product or account management for web-based applications with products/service. The ideal candidate will have experience managing consumer-facing products in the software industry.
- Passion for solving problems for customers and their tax preparation needs.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Very detail oriented.
- High-energy, "can do" style that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Effective written and oral presentation and facilitation skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates and business partners to influence a wide range of audiences.
- Effective in a matrix-management environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and product planning tools.
- Tax or financial background is nonessential.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.