|What you'll do...
H&R Block, the world's leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a Franchise Support Manager.
This position serves as a primary point-of-contact for franchisees within a centralized franchise operations support group, providing support for a wide range of operational, logistical and client service issues. The position will require creative on-the-spot problem solving as well as an ability to work effectively with all H&R Block functional support organizations to bring the necessary expertise to bear on franchisee issues. Individuals in this role will need to develop strong knowledge of systems, processes, policy and procedure that impact day-to-day operations and preparation for client service. This individual will ensure verification of franchisee compliance with all directives, and will escalate and follow-up on escalated issues, as necessary. The role will require special focus in support of new franchisees, working closely with other organizations to ensure new franchisees are effectively on-boarded and prepared to be successful as a Block franchisee. The role facilitates effective communication between franchisees, field leaders and internal support teams. The Franchise Support Manager will report to the Franchise Support Lead, and will have a dotted line reporting relationship to the Vice President of Operations in the Area Office.
- Provide direct support to franchisees to ensure operational and logistical year round readiness.
- Manage and support end to end issue resolution for franchisees' operational and logistical issues/questions
- Includes but not limited to assistance with client service issues, technical or procedural questions/issues, conducting basic application training, coaching on systems navigation, answering "How-to" questions, etc.
- Efficiently and effectively facilitate coordination of other field support services to resolve issues that require additional or specialized help.
- Manage assigned compliance activities to include communicating compliance directives to franchisees, ensuring actual compliance with directives, following up with non-compliant franchisees, and escalating through the designated chain of command, as appropriate.
- Work with new franchisees with post-close on boarding/ integration activities, in coordination with the Integration support team, the Franchise Consultant and the local District Manager(s) in order to maximize potential for first-year success for the new franchisee.
- Proactively communicate with and support franchisees regarding all run-the-business operational tasks, and in particular, with new programs/services, to ensure full understanding and completion of required actions.
- Keep field management and chain of command informed of franchisee readiness status and issues, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to the team...
- 2-4 years operational experience in retail, service or similar work environments
- Project or Process management experience
- Ability to solve problems, and to coordinate with others to help solve problems
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop effective relationships
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage a multi-project workload; strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions; assume complete responsibility for work and related decisions
- Understanding of the dynamics of franchise/company owned environments.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 5 years Minimum related work experience