DescriptionThe Accountant I is responsible for performing general and technical accounting requiring a high degree of judgment and estimation and applying knowledge of advanced accounting rules and practices. The role will be responsible for day to day accounting functions and the monthly close. In addition, this individual will handle monthly expense and revenue forecasting, and analysis of spend by department. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to have autonomy over the accounting function while at the same time being able to work closely with our corporate parent.
The Role You'll Play:
- Performs day to day bookkeeping, AP/AR, journal entries, revenue recognition that require comprehensive knowledge of accounting rules and practices.
- Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions for preparation of monthly financial close.
- Prepare internal and monthly financial statements; facilitate completion of external reporting activities, and supporting both internal and external auditors.
- Establish and maintain relationships with operational and functional personnel in order to obtain source data for calculations, understand business drivers that cause variances and to communicate the results of financial analyses.
- Conduct research and determine the proper accounting treatment of complex or unusual transactions.
- Knowledge of business processes and systems; identify accounting risk inherent in business process / calculations as well as risks that may arise with changes to such business processes / calculations.
- Conducts ad hoc analysis and develops nonstandard reports and statements as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Three to five years of experience, public accounting preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ledger experience, Quickbooks experience preferred, PeopleSoft preferred