The Supply Chain Planner will drive the continued improvement of product flow through the supply chain network from vendor to store.
Partner with Merchandising, Logistics, Distribution, Vendors, and AR teams to ensure all orders, including initials, launches, and store set orders are planned/written using optimal ordering methods to promote efficiencies in meeting in-store dates and flowing through the DSG supply chain as efficiently as possible.
Collaborate with vendors during the rollout of company initiatives, including testing of order writing capabilities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Optimized Product Flow: Drive the continued use of Optimal Ordering methods across all merchandising divisions through vendor testing and collaboration, analysis of assigned categories, partnership with AR and Merchandising peers, prepack creation, maintaining, and contributing to the DSG Supply Chain playbook. Partner with internal Product Development team to improve vendor/factory capabilities to support DSG initiatives, including increased use of prepacks, reduction in vendor lead times, and vendor testing. Manage the Priority List process, Case Pack Optimization, Shuttle product best practices, Priority Backstock pulls, and other Supply Chain optimization functions. Maintain various information and flags in DSG systems including vendor capabilities and order lead-times, DC/product handling flags, case packs, order types, and prepack configurations.
- Training and Collaboration: Collaborate with internal partners to develop guidelines around SOPs and Best Practices for purchase order writing to support optimized product flow and gain efficiencies through the supply chain including processes such as: Order Writing, managing priority and launch product, other processes tied to or related to Supply Chain functions. Provide content, develop, and present training documents and hold informal and formal training sessions with internal and external partners, including leading the Supply Chain Best Practices training session in conjunction with HR on a predetermined schedule as a part of the corporate training program.
- Vendor Communication and Relationship Building: Sponsor proactive meetings with Vendors, Product Development departments, Merchants and various other partners as necessary to review and understand DSG business and supply chain requirements.
- Project Leadership: Lead projects such as the annual DC Realignment, Corporate Black Friday Product Tracking Initiative, Vendor driven initiatives such as Direct Container programs, and Set and Launch tracking.
- 3 - 5 Years
- Experience in Supply Chain, merchandising, planning and allocations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- MicroStrategy Reporting
- Cognos- SCI Business Intelligence Reporting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Action-Oriented - Ability to be pro-active and driven towards ongoing continued improvements
- Planning and Organization - Organize task and schedules
- Teamwork - Build cross-functional relationships
- Communication - The ability to clearly articulate information to all levels of the organization
- Decision Making - Ability to analyze and evaluate information and provide strong recommendations
- Trainer - Actively work with human resources and other departments to drive supply chain centric training for cross-functional partners.