The Veterans Canteen Service Central Office (VCSCO) at the Jefferson Barracks VA Medical Center in St. Louis, MO is seeking a Program Support Assistant. The Program Support Assistant will provide administrative support to Inventory and Logistics division.
As a Program Support Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the VCS Central Office maintaining effective relationships with field leadership, employees, vendors, veterans and their families.
- Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- While stationed at the welcome center desk, the incumbent provides clerical support.
- Responsible for performing research to update monthly, quarterly, and weekly reports.
- Process Chargebacks
- Responds to all inquiries VHAVCS Canteen inquiries while maintaining a courteous, professional manner.
- Communicate with customers which include staff, management and Veterans, including face to face, written, telephone and electronic communications.
- Uses Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint to create a variety of support materials to develop summaries, and vendor updates.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Competitive Salary (varies by location and experience)
- Opportunities for growth
- Full Federal benefits package (Health, Life, Retirement, etc.)
- Paid vacation, paid sick days, and ten paid holidays
For more information about VCS, visit: https://www.vacanteen.va.gov/
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience in administrative/customer service work.
- Must be to identify potential problems, solutions, and the skills to analyze a variety of conflicting or incomplete data.
- Must have working knowledge of the organization in order to effectively handle the frequently short deadlines and other normal demands.
- Must have the ability to set work priorities, multi-task, respond to rapidly changing situations, obtain information effectively and work on several projects simultaneously.