Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
As the Merchandising Manager, you are responsible for maintaining and enhancing Core-Mark's customer-centric culture. You will direct effective merchandising practices and lead a team of high-performing merchandisers to provide service and maximize in-store profitability. A successful candidate will be able to assess customer sales, forecast trends, and make recommendations to increase sales and profits for the customer.
- Forecasting sales levels of merchandised accounts.
- Developing and maintain plan-o-grams from Division Manager.
- Using specific software to layout, design, and plan store resets to optimize store merchandizing.
- Leveraging key controllable expenses to maximize profitability.
- Analyzing store sales results.
- Determining in-store workloads and allocated time per location.
- Ensuring timely and accurate merchandising, stocking, and tagging.
- Adjusting daily schedules to match delivery times/windows and communicating changes.
- Partnering with the HR department to analyze staffing levels to meet workload demands and play a role in selection process of new merchandisers.
- Providing training for field merchandising personnel along with regular performance evaluation.
- Establishing schedules for store maintenance, rests, and regular stocking for field team.
- Conducting regular meetings discussing programs, department changes, and sales metrics/data.
Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of merchandising experience.
- 3-5 years of management experience.
- Ability to set productivity targets and communicate effectively.
- Have a valid driver's license, clean driving record, and reliable automobile with valid insurance.
- Ability to learn how to operate a hand-held inventory control device, calculators, and computer.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to perform general math calculations.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to lift, unload, and carry totes and bundles up to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs. occasionally, push up to 50 lbs.
- Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a variety of inclines and surfaces.
- Physical ability to stand and walk frequently, and be able to drive for a significant period of time.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life,Disability,& Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness:401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE STRENGTHENED BY ALL.