Are you driven by solving problems and enjoy leading people? Do you want to work for six months of the year, and have the remainder of the year free to pursue other interests? H&R Block is looking for passionate Team Leaders to accelerate our seasonal tax business by managing a single H&R Block tax office and providing leadership to a customer-centric team of associates.
As a Team Leader, you will serve as the front-line manager responsible for leadership and development of tax office associates, delivering an outstanding client experience, and achieving all office related growth objectives (i.e., clients, revenue and earnings). also act as a knowledgeable resource on tax topics and products to associates, and prepare accurate tax returns for clients, as needed. You'll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in the fall as you ramp up for the busy tax season, then transition to a full-time schedule from January through April. After working a successful tax season, you may find that you want to apply to return for subsequent seasons, or even apply for advancement opportunities.
What you'll do...
- Partner with the District General Manager to create and implement office-level growth plans, which includes developing local partnerships and managing office community involvement
- Assist the District General Manager in recruiting and interviewing candidates for tax office associate positions
- Serve as point of contact for onsite escalated client service concerns
- Ensure clients are scheduled properly and conflicts are resolved
- Lead daily activities to ensure that all tax office associates work is completed according to deadlines, with attention to quality standards, priorities and overall goals
- Build an engaging team environment by training and coaching associates to execute on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and recognizing outstanding associate contributions
- Lead daily team meetings and communicate essential information to tax office associates
- Create associate work schedules and ensure accurate timekeeping and overtime management
- Prepare tax returns, as required
What you'll bring to the team...
It would be even better if you also had...
- Prior experience working in a customer service, shift leader, or similar role
- Experience supervising or managing people
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge Assessment or Income Tax Course
- Annual completion of 18-hours of continuing education and ability to meet all other IRS and applicable state requirements
- Customer-centric mindset with strong communication skills
- Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Passionate, determined, resilient under stress and a will to win attitude
- Able to work a flexible work schedule of 40 hours per week and flexibility in work assignments based on business needs
- HS diploma/GED or higher
- 2+ years as a Tax Professional