Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
- Assist with buying product lines - will take on buying responsibilities once training is complete.
- Monitor inventory levels, turns, service levels, and overstock within budget and identify inventory problems
- Manage aged inventory to company standard
- Keep abreast of new items and suppliers to add to Company product lines to increase customer satisfaction
- Heavy data entry into multiple software products
- Set up items and maintain pricing
- Perform replenishment buying
- Operate internal computerized inventory system to include forward buys and opening of purchase orders
- Approve orders for placement with vendors and maintain sound business relationships with vendors
- Work with vendors to ensure timely delivery of orders
- Additional projects/duties as assigned.
- Strong expertise in Excel, Word & Outlook required
- Warehouse management system experience preferred; AS400 & SAP experience highly preferred
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to handle time sensitive projects
- Ability to be self-directed and self-motivated, as well as work with a team
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and projects simultaneously and prioritize work
- 1 to 3 years Buying Experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required, degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field preferred