Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company and leading distributor of fresh food and packaged goods to the convenience retail industry across the United States and Canada. Our 130-year legacy is built on embracing new challenges, delivering new solutions, and always supporting our customers and each other. Our success comes from both the power of our individual team members and working together as a team.
In this role you will drive to customer locations (city and highway driving) using your personal vehicle, to meet with the customer, place merchandise in the display areas following set plan-o-grams, ensuring that every square foot of the store is properly set according to plan. You must be able to assess critical needs and notify management of such. You will also assess customer sales and identify which items are not selling or are discontinued for each customer, making recommendations for replacement items.
Your professional approach and business execution are a critical part of helping the company meet and exceed the expectations of our customers.
* This is a part-time position that provides service to Penticton, BC and surrounding areas.
- Manage the territory and act as a liaison for business activities;
- Providing exceptional customer service to our customers by identifying and following up with needs and concerns in a timely manner;
- Gather strategic information for divisions, key account teams, vendors and corporate category managers;
- Communicate daily with the team to quickly alert managers of critical customer issues;
- Merchandise key marketing programs which may include dairy, bread and fresh products;
- Eliminate out-of-stock items and ensure plan-o-gram compliance;
- Timely processing of returns using handheld inventory control devices;
- Stock rotation to ensure products are fresh and within acceptable date parameters;
- Capitalize on secondary display opportunities;
- Ensure that products are properly faced, priced and identified;
- Ensure promotional displays and POS have been utilized;
- Complete appropriate administrative tasks;
- Work safely, dress professionally and execute daily tasks in a responsible and efficient manner.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Retail merchandising experience is considered an asset;
- Some sales experience is considered an asset;
- Importantly, from a culture perspective, this person will be passionate, results oriented, collaborative, have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be a problem solver;
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible;
- A willingness and openness to taking on new challenges and tasks;
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs frequently;
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation with availability and willingness to frequently travel throughout designated sales territory; some infrequent overnight travel may be required.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.
Pre-employment screening, including a criminal background check and employment verification, are a condition of employment.