H&R Block, the world's leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a HR Specialist - Benefits Support - Seasonal. This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light District of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away. Our office offers an onsite fitness gym and coffee shop, an awesome company cafeteria, free parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of entertainment venues and shows.
The HR Specialist - Benefits Support - Seasonal assists the human resources department in achieving its mission by providing administrative and project support to members of the Benefits team as assigned. Under guidance, key areas of responsibility include responding to common associate inquiries for a variety of benefits-related questions and issues, monitoring and tracking projects, providing administrative support to multiple team members, working with vendors and assisting with ad-hoc projects as needed.
The HR Specialist - Benefits Support - Seasonal also provides exceptional customer service by handling manager and associate inquiries, requests, and concerns via phone, email, live chat, and/or written correspondence. Serves as a liaison between associates and Benefits department.
What you'll do
- Assist with processing vendor invoices and ensuring monthly headcount and premiums are accurate and processed timely.
- Provide support for Open Enrollment and annual health fair (reviewing communications, auditing enrollment reports, etc).
- Provide customer-focused support to associates through assisting in supporting associate leave processes and answering associate questions as needed.
- Audit reports and processes as related to the transition from PeopleSoft to WorkdDay platform.
- Respond to questions from associates with respect to benefits plans and escalates more complex issues to subject matter experts.
- Effectively utilize and maintain hr systems which may include databases or software programs such as People Soft, Kronos and WorkDay.
- Compile, track, and summarize data for human resources programs and processes. Conduct data entry for hr systems.
- Monitor and track multiple projects; monitor timelines and deliverables.
- Work with vendors to maintain and administer beneifts-related processes.
- Under guidance, create and improve administrative processes.
- Provide administrative support to multiple team members and maintains files of records and publications.
- Prepare and create materials for handouts or presentations including excel, word and PowerPoint documents.
- Work on special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to the role
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of three years administrative experience
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective demonstration of the H&R Block Behaviors (core competencies)
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy, thoroughness, and professionalism
- Ability to complete projects by deadlines and communicate progress
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information handled
- Demonstrated orientation toward quality and client-focused behavior
It would be even better if you also had
- Associates degree in business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience in Human Resources, benefits administration, FMLA and short-term disability processing.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel vertical look-ups and pivot tables
- Experience with PeopleSoft HRMS, WorkDay or similar HRIS program