Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
You'll put our customers at the heart of our business. By building strong relationships with every customer, big or small, you'll help Mondelēz International become the supplier of choice and ensure we deliver world-class execution of our business plans in every store.
The role of the Retail Merchandising Supervisor (RMS) is the accountability for the hiring, training/coaching and monitoring the hourly merchandising staff to achieve world class retail effectiveness while optimizing cost efficiencies. Individuals will need to ensure all in-store activities are properly executed to support the merchandising plan.
The Retail Merchandising Supervisor will have an assigned geography and Sales Service Representatives who are scheduled to perform in-store activities (merchandising, display building, backroom management, etc.). The Retail Merchandising Supervisor will oversee these individuals and aid in developing their capabilities.
A successful Retail Merchandising Supervisor should have sound understanding and be well suited to assume the responsibilities of the role by excelling in the following skills:
- Actively participate in the interview process of new hires via in-person or video conferencing of prospective candidates.
- Manage the selection process for all new hires to the Sales Service Representative (SSR's) position.
- Ensures newly hired SSRs participate in a standard on-boarding/orientation process and all appropriate training programs within the prescribed timelines.
- Responsible for on the job coaching as well as providing continuous learning and development for SSRs.
- Utilizes the Performance Management process to assist in correcting substandard work practices by direct reports.
- Communicate Sales team/area priorities and help SSRs prioritize time and efficient work standards.
- Ensure all merchandising activities are properly executed at store level to support merchandising game plan.
- Responsible for annual performance appraisals for all direct reports.
- Approves all requests for leave in a timely manner and communicates to impacted employee.
- Has a general understanding of employee benefits for both full time and part time eligibility.
- Works in a collaborative environment with District Managers to ensure merchandising standards are adhered to.
- Customer Partnership
- Sales Process
- Promotions and Merchandising
- Team Leadership
- Drive for Results
- Attracting and Developing Talent
- Experience in Retail Sales, account selling, and management of personnel
- Administrative and Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills, both written and verbal
- Idea Leadership
- Technical Skills: web-based programs (KRS, employee express) and run basic software (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Priority Setting
- Managing & Measuring work
- Customer Focus
- Building Effective Teams
- Hiring & Staffing
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management: Ability to identify and manage areas of conflict, defusing situations of conflict and creating an acceptable resolution.
- Confronting Direct Reports: Open and candid feedback to aid in identifying areas of skill development and overall performance opportunities of direct reports.
- Customer Focus: Using sales and business approaches that provide service and value beyond customers' expectations and helping customers identify and execute the appropriate strategies for their business success.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Excel at encouraging individual development by incorporating Praise, Question, Polish into daily coaching routine. Seek out opportunities to mentor others in their development.
- Managing Diversity: Awareness of both the qualitative and quantitate aspects of a diverse group of direct reports. Strive to bring out the best in all employees.
- Informing: Skilled in communicating with a broad range of Mondelez employees and store personnel
- Listening: Strive to gain a complete understanding prior to rendering decisions. Ensure there is a balance in this competency with providing input to others.
- Motivating Others: Incorporate varied methodologies to inspire direct reports to produce beyond their capabilities.
- Planning: Develop strategies that address key organizational initiatives while balancing the need to operate in a coat efficient environment.
- Sizing up People: Taking the time to understand the whole employee and not just their performance. Asking the right questions to gain a complete perspective.
- Building Effective Teams: Incorporate coaching techniques and motivational skills to develop a sense of team versus individuals.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.