H&R Block, the world's leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a HR Specialist - Associate Relations - Seasonal. This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light District of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away. Our office offers an onsite fitness gym and coffee shop, an awesome company cafeteria, free parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of entertainment venues and shows.
The HR Specialist - Associate Relations - Seasonal assists the Associate Relations team in achieving its mission by providing administrative and project support to the Associate Relations Advisors and Leadership team as assigned. Under guidance, key areas of responsibility include serving as the primary point of contact for specific administrative HR processes, responding to common HR inquiries for a variety of HR questions and issues, assigning, monitoring and tracking HR caseload, providing administrative support to multiple staff members, working with business partners and assisting with ad-hoc projects as needed.
This role provides exceptional administrative HR support by handling manager and associate inquiries, requests, and concerns via phone, email, and/or written correspondence. May also serve as a liaison between associates and the associate relations department.
What you'll do
What you'll bring to the role
- Administers and/or maintains processes for assigned human resources functional areas. Examples could include requests for personal leave and/or reasonable accommodation, job abandonment letters, etc.
- Responds to questions from associates with respect to hr processes. Research questions and communicate information to associates. Escalates more complex issues to subject matter experts.
- Effectively utilizes and maintains hr systems which may include databases or software programs such as People Soft and WorkDay.
- Compiles, tracks, and summarizes data for human resources programs and processes.
- Monitors and tracks multiple projects; monitors timelines and deliverables.
- Works with business partners to maintain and administer hr processes.
- Under guidance, creates and improves administrative processes.
- Provides administrative support to multiple team members and maintains files of records and publications.
- Prepares and creates materials for handouts or presentations including excel, word and PowerPoint documents.
- Works on special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
It would be even better if you also had
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of three years of human resources experience
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective demonstration of the H&R Block Behaviors (core competencies)
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy, thoroughness, and professionalism
- Ability to complete projects by deadlines and communicate progress
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information handled
- Demonstrated orientation toward quality and client-focused behavior
- Associates degree in business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with PeopleSoft HRMS, WorkDay or similar HRIS program
- Prior experience working with operational systems - i.e., HRIS, applicant tracking systems, facilities management systems, etc.