Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
- Check in Route drivers upon returning from Deliveries
- Separate, palletize, locate, and prepare; pallets, trays, crates, returns, etc., for return to designated areas
- Accurately processing and reconciliation of various logs, A/R - Cash/Receipts, POD's - Load List, DVIR, Log Book
- Orderly staging and distribution to the warehouse of pallets, trays, crates, pallets, etc.
- Ensure Dry Room Return Accuracy
- Coordinating with supervision, vehicle repairs and maintenance required as informed on DVIR
- Excellent Communication with drivers, department managers and others regarding delivery challenges. Timely processing of load condition reports to warehouse production manager(s).
- Other duties as requested by the transportation manager
- Performs other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS/ EDUCATION/ REQUIREMENTS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in similar field
- High school diploma or equivalent related job experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- AS400 Experience a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to analyze situations and drive decisions
- Candidate must be highly motivated and able to effectively interact with others in accomplishments of tasks.
- Must be willing and able to work independently to complete time sensitive assignments. Must have a working knowledge in the use of Powered Industrial Trucks.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT Log Book regulation and DVIR. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70-pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.