Core-Mark is excited to offer this opportunity to aspiring CDL Drivers! Once you enter in the program you will ride with, and assist our current drivers in their daily route duties. Upon satisfactory completion of program prerequisites Core-Mark will aid and reimburse trainees in obtaining their Class A CDL! Competitive pay during training period, details discussed during interview.
- BEFORE THE PROGRAM
- To be eligible to enter the program you MUST BE EMPLOYED BY CORE-MARK FOR A TERM OF 6 MONTHS WITH NO ACTIVE WRITE UPS AND PERFECT or NEAR PERFECT ATTENDANCE!
- You may apply to the program as an external candidate. However, if selected you will be employed within the warehouse for a term of 6 months as mentioned above.
- External candidates selected will begin the program by working a period of 3 weeks in transportation to determine if this is the career path they wish to pursue.
- After 3 weeks, if the candidate wants to pursue the career, they will start their warehouse tour. It includes 3 weeks in Full Case, 3 weeks in Palletizing, and 3 weeks in Loading. That term will reset for an additional 3 weeks in each of the (3) areas beginning with Full Case.
- Finally, the remaining 3 weeks will be an introduction to the Transportation Department and finalizing career details.
- During the remaining 3 weeks candidates MUST HAVE A SCHOOL OR FACILITY SELECTED FOR TAKING THEIR CDL TRAINING. The coursework needs submitted to Corporate Headquarters for final approval and reimbursement.
2. UPON ENTERING THE PROGRAM
As a Delivery Driver Trainee, you will ride tractor/trailer and straight truck with a Delivery Driver. Each delivery route may take 6-12 hours. You will be assisting current driver with deliveries, helping unload the truck and performing delivery processes. Delivery Driver Trainees are expected to provide great customer service to the managerial staff at each location they deliver to- Ensuring their complete satisfaction with the product and the process.
- Follow managers' and primary driver directions regarding product unloading and placement
- Security of customer product while off-loading
- Reviewing invoices with store management
- Completing any necessary paperwork
- Collection of empty totes and crates to return to the distribution center
- Pick-up backhaul product when returning from route
- Other duties as assigned
- Internal and external candidates must be employed with Core-Mark at least 6 months with acceptable performance before transitioning into the program (details discussed during the interview process).
- No outstanding warnings due to attendance, behavior, and/or performance for the prior 90 days
- Acceptable safety and performance record
- Ability to lift 70 lbs., push 50 lbs., and move a dolly up/down ramp loaded with up to 260 lbs.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and stand for extended periods of time while performing physical labor
- Able to work flexible hours. Primarily Monday - Friday morning starts, with occasional Saturday opportunity, and/or occasional overnight route. Start & end times vary by route/week.
- Must be 21 years of age or older