Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
To apply for this opportunity text CORE to 97211, email your resume directly to email@example.com or click Apply Now via this posting.
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the overall safety, productivity and efficiency of assigned warehouse operations during the assigned shift. The Warehouse Manager supervises/leads employees and monitors operational flow to ensure the effective use of people and equipment on a daily/nightly basis. The Warehouse Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance of company standards and policies in all areas impacted by Operations.
- Takes direction from Operations Manager as to operational issues and communicates to subordinates on a daily basis discussing information and team encouragement.
- Deals effectively/fairly with employee issues making sure consistent practices are followed.
- Provide instruction, discipline/coaching/mentoring and motivation as needed to maintain morale and encourage team work, pride and quality performance.
- Works with supervisors/team leads with regards to personnel moves regarding the distribution requirements to ensure the trucks are leaving on time regarding customer deliveries.
- Complete/conduct new employee/annual evaluations and works with team to ensure consistent practices are followed.
- Works with supervisors/leads so that order sheets, load reports, pallets and other supplies are ready at all stations for start of shift. Monitors supplies throughout evening and direct replenishment efforts as needed to prevent work stoppage.
- Ensure that all equipment is in proper working condition. Contact appropriate personnel for prompt service when repair cannot be completed "in-house" with regards to the distribution process. Communicate all truck issues with Director of Operations and Transportation Director where applicable.
- Maintain safe work environment, processing all accidents in a timely manner, and enter all work incidents/near misses in the database.
- Ensure proper training is provided as needed.
- Maintain safety of parking lots and entryways. Coordinate plowing, sanding, shoveling and/or mopping as needed to provide safe access to facility.
- Monitor the security of the facility. Regularly review activity in parking lots and outside perimeter of building. Spot check activity at entryways on a regular basis throughout shift. Ensure authorized personnel only are entering the warehouse areas.
- Review operational flow throughout the shift. Communicate with area supervisors to gauge progress and reach completion of all assigned duties by end of shift.
- Spot check paperwork and tote/pallet sequencing to ensure accuracy.
- Review and process any necessary paperwork and forwarded to correct personnel at the end of the shift.
- Works with Operations Manager to discuss issues that arise such as order shortages, delivery issues, etc.
- Respond to emergency response alarm page when serving as Company contact. Secure building according to established company guidelines.
- Communicate daily with Operations Manager regarding operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
- 2 or 4 year Degree in Business or related field, or experience equivalent to schooling.
- 2 to 4 years experience supervising multiple employees
- Thorough knowledge of warehouse operations with regards to distribution.
- Computer knowledge with familiarity of warehouse database systems, email systems, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Commitment to safety and quality.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Must be analytical to be able to take provided data, review the nightly operations information and make suggested changes to improve loading performances.
- Supervisory experience and leadership skills to be able to lead a team to successfully select and load trucks in the nightly required time.
- Must be highly organized, with excellent communication skills to be able to disseminate information to the company, follow instructions, and lead your team.
- Basic mechanical skills to understand and troubleshoot problems.
- Willingness to follow established safety procedures and product lifting guidelines.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Will require one to process paperwork in an office setting, Leading the team will require the individual to walk within the warehouse.
- Continuous walking, standing, bending, lifting and climbing may be required on occasion.
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment with exposure to noise and vibrations due to materials handling equipment.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life,Disability,& Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness:401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.