Amazon Books Lead
Amazon Books Lead - Legacy Place in Dedham MA
**This is a full time position averaging 40 hrs per week**
Join the Amazon retail team that launched Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star. We provide a unique extension of Amazon.com through a curated product selection, our associates' ability to engage in impromptu conversation, and physical spaces designed for discovery and exploration. We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that customers love. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a Lead who can bring Amazon's customer obsession to life in a retail environment and make Amazon stores a destination for discovering the best that Amazon.com has to offer, whether that be books, devices, services, or other highly rated products from Amazon.com. You will assist the manager with store operations, maintain a key to the store and have floor leader responsibilities. You will play a vital role in modeling expectations for associates and contribute to a strong culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, continuous learning, and fun.
- Be an expert in interacting with customers by effectively using customer engagement strategies and model desired behavior for the rest of the team.
- Maintain deep product knowledge with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and demonstrate product features, pricing, and program offers to customers.
- Provide ongoing training in areas including demo and selling skills, product knowledge, and store operations, give peer-to-peer feedback on standard operating procedures, and assist manager in identifying training needs.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the customer experience and store operations by participating in the development of best practices and
- Assist manager with operational functions, including merchandising, safety, reporting, interviewing and onboarding.
- Assist manager with supervisory functions when manager is not available, including scheduling, payroll management, timesheet verification, and time and attendance.
- Help identify trends that contribute to the customer and associate experience and support the manager in building a strong store culture.
- Troubleshoot on-site, ensuring all product displays are working properly and assisting customers with products they have purchased.
- May be required to open and close the location, staff the location by yourself, and make decisions independently to help customers.
- Work with manager to maintain the physical safety of the merchandise and the store.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- You are comfortable working in a physical environment. You have the ability to lift up to 49 pounds and be on your feet for a shift, up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation
- Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role
- High School diploma or equivalent military or professional experience
- 3 years of experience in a retail or customer facing environment, or 1 year of Amazon experience
- 1 year of retail key-holder or supervisory experience, or 1 year of Amazon experience
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision
- 1 year of merchandising or planogram experience
- Experience with detail-oriented work
- Strong verbal communications skills
Apply Online Below