Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Administrative Assistant Transportation Dept.
The purpose of the Transportation Admin is to provide the Transportation Manager with daily support and provide exceptional customer service skills to the department.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voicemail systems, and personal computers.
- Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities
- Process Payroll
- Track and monitor and coordinate DQ compliance. Elevate concerns to the department leadership.
- Will do general administrative duties such as filing, schedule and coordinate appointments and events
- Perform all duties as requested.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Preferred 1-2 years administrative experience within a transportation department or comparable environment
- Experience handling customer service issues and resolving customer conflict.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with little margin for error.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience multitasking and with high attention to detail.
- Work in a fast pace atmosphere with interruptions.