Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company and leading distributor of fresh food and packaged goods to the convenience retail industry across the United States and Canada. Our 130-year legacy is built on embracing new challenges, delivering new solutions, and always supporting our customers and each other. Our success comes from both the power of our individual team members and working together as a team.
As a Warehouse Person, you will perform a variety of tasks including efficiently and accurately picking and filling customer product orders within our warehouse distribution center for distribution and delivery to our valued customers.
- Retrieve product in accordance with printed customer orders;
- Pick orders according to sequencing on delivery route/run list;
- Pack products securely in cartons and/or totes to ensure there is no damage;
- Consolidate merchandise into picking containers, as required;
- Notify the Warehouse Supervisor of picking stations that are not maintaining required production pace;
- Ensure application of shipping ID numbers on each carton and/or tote;
- Remove damaged merchandise from shipping lines and replace, as required;
- Clear conveyor lines and surrounding areas of all extraneous inventory and direct such stock to storage area or dry room, as required;
- Clearly mark cartons and/or totes with truck run and stop number;
- Verify accuracy of picks prior to release of orders from work station;
- Restock order selection zones, as necessary, during conduct of picking operations;
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed,
- Maintain clean and orderly workstation, merchandise to assigned locations and clean work area at end of each production shift;
- Perform all tasks in compliance with Core-Mark's safety policies and requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and/or one to three years of related experience or training;
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Must be able to stand, bend, and reach for up to ten hours;
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60lbs;
- Importantly, from a culture perspective, this person will be collaborative, dependable, have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated;
- A commitment to safe work practices in adherence with corporate and legislative safety practices and policies;
- The ability to build and maintain positive working relationships in a diverse group;
- Project a clean and professional image at all times;
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional, or no, variables;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions;
- Must be able to recognize malfunctions in equipment and notify supervisors promptly;
- Motivated to meet and exceed performance standards and work independently;
- The ability, willingness and flexibility to work overtime, as required.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.
Pre-employment screening, including a criminal background check and employment verification, are a condition of employment.