Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Oversees efficient operation of warehouse functions, including receiving, stocking, picking, packing, equipment maintenance, security and safety.
- Working with the Director of Operations, develops, implements and monitors standard operating procedures for the warehouse.
- Develops, implements and monitors warehouse employee productivity/quality action plans in accordance with the standards developed by the operations group.
- Determines warehouse personnel requirements by evaluating warehouse activates, projected volumes, and product mixes in accordance with productivity standards.
- Ensures Company, OSHA and AIB standards for warehousing and employee safety are met.
- With the Director of Operations and Training Manager, identifies requirements and implements training programs for warehouse employees.
- Takes direction from Director of Operations as to operational issues and communicates to subordinates on a daily basis.
- Review operational flow throughout the shifts. Communicate with shift managers and supervisors to gauge progress and reach completion of all assigned duties by end of shift.
- Works with shift managers to discuss issues that arise such as order shortages etc.
- Respond to emergency response alarm page when serving as Company contact. Secure building according to established company guidelines.
- Attends weekly ARB meetings to review accidents, develop safe practices to reduce workplace injuries.
- Review warehouse performance metrics on an ongoing basis and proactively develops and implements improvement measures.
- Develops a timeline and work schedule for warehouse projects.
- Oversees building security and working with Facility Maintenance Manager with regards to building maintenance and cleanliness.
- Interacts with other company departments on a daily basis.
- Works with sales in regards to new and existing business requirements being met.
- Analyze warehouse capacity requirements to ensure that business needs are met.
- On-call outside of normal business hours.
- Follow up on issues/matters to confirm that all parties are satisfied and no further action is needed.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree preferred or commensurate level of experience.
- 6 to 8 years of warehouse management experience required.
- Excellent leadership, and organizational skills.
- Solid computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and inventory database systems.
- Strong ability to positively lead and mentor direct reports.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to positively communicate effectively both orally and in writing with internal/external people
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Normal office environment. May require sustained periods on warehouse floor
- Normal sit/stand/walk required for an office position that oversees distribution.
- Work is performed in an office, with daily exposure to warehouse environment i.e., noise and vibrations due to materials handling equipment and temperature changes.
- Day and night hours to be worked as required
- Responsible for supervising and leading Day Shift and Night Shift Managers and Shift Supervisors.