Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
As a Merchandiser, you'll drive to customer locations using your personal vehicle, being reimbursed for mileage at .38 cents a mile. You will meet with the customer, place merchandise in the display areas following set plan-o-grams, and ensure that every square foot of the store is properly set according to plan. You must be able to assess critical needs and notify management immediately of any issues. You'll also assess customer sales and identify which items are not selling or are discontinued for each particular customer, making recommendations for replacement items that will increase sales and profits for the customer.
Your responsibilities are widespread. You are a key part of our customer relationship and represent Core-Mark. Your professional manner and business execution are a critical part of helping the company meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and other vendor partners.
- Performs customer service for stores of assigned accounts.
- Provide merchandising, stocking, pricing, shelf-facing, stock rotating, and product and shelf cleaning.
- Rearranges store shelves or display areas as required by each store.
- Reports any merchandise shortages, overages, or inventory sheet errors and may return inappropriate merchandise as needed.
- Monitors potential account problems at the store level and reports to the Manager when required.
- Maintains safe store aisles.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Current driver's license and liability insurance
- HS diploma, GED certificate or equivalent
- Reliable vehicle to use for work
- Must be a self- starter
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow and complete instructions
- Reliable attendance record and ability to work overtime if required
- Maintain professional work conduct and appearance
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Ability to lift approximately up to 60 lbs
- Ability to bend, kneel, stand, lift, and perform physical labor for multiple hours at a time
- Safely operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to read and understand store plan-o-gram and set instructions
- Ability to work in customer storage areas which may not be air conditioned
- Ability to operate a computer, a hand held inventory control device, and calculators